The Budds Creek Motocross Park of South Maryland, Mechanicsville hosted the fifth round of the 2012 AMA Pro Motocross championship last weekend. This article presents forward some statistical facts regarding the 450cc class matches held at the Budds Creek National. The first ever 450cc Class raceat Budds Creek was played on 22nd May, 1994 and it was won by Kawasaki’s Mike LaRocco. Last weekend, it was for the 19th time that the gates at the Budds Creek Motocross Park were dropped down for the 450cc Class event.
Statistics matter a lot in each and every sport. It has its special importance in every form of racing events too and when Motocross Championship is talked of, statistics are the ones on which all the experts and also the dirt bike race loving fans keep a close eye on. This article brings forward some of the statistical facts about the 2012 Red Bull Budds Creek National event which took place last Saturday night at the famous Budds Creek Motocross Park of South Maryland, Mechanicsville. Let us have a look at the current statistical report on the 450cc class category event of the Red Bull Budds Creek National:-
Statistics about the 450cc Class Event:-
- The first ever 450cc Class event at Budds Creek was held on 22nd May, 1994. Kawasaki’s champion rider, Mike LaRocco was victorious on that occasion.
- On 16th June, 2012, it was for the 19th time that the gates at the renowned Budds Creek Motocross Park were dropped down for the 450cc Class event.
- The legendary Ricky Carmichael holds an awesome track record at Budds Creek. Out of eight kick offs, he registered eight overall victories in which he won 13 out of 16 moto matches.
- The only international racerwhowon a 450cc class event at Budds Creek is Chad Reed.
- The Budds Creek Motocross Park of South Maryland, Mechanicsvilleis considered to be a unique and acompletely diverse venue in entire US. It features an international standard MX race track, drag strip and dirt oval all at one place.
Victories by Brand Teams at the Budds Creek National:-
Team Honda – 7 wins
Team Suzuki – 5 wins
Team Kawasaki – 4 wins
Team Yamaha – 2 wins
Last Victory by Brand Teams at the Budds Creek National:-
Team Honda – Last Victory in 2011
Team Suzuki – Last Victory in 2010
Team Kawasaki – Last Victory in 2008
Team Yamaha – Last Victory in 1998
Debut Victors at the Budds Creek Motocross Park:-
Ezra Lusk of team Yamaha in the year 1997
Riders Who Registered Victories in both the 250cc and the 450cc Classes at the Budds Creek National:-
The legendary Ricky Carmichael of team Kawasaki and James Stewartof team Yoshimura Suzuki
Brand Teams Who Swept Away Victories in Both the Classes at the Budds Creek National:-
Team Kawasaki in the year 2008 (Ryan Villopoto and James Stewart)
Team Kawasaki in the year 2001 (Mike Brown and Ricky Carmichael)
Team Honda in the year 1999 (TallonVohland and Kevin Windham)
Team Honda in the year 1995 and 1996 (Steve Lamson and Jeremy McGrath)