Last weekend, the Budds Creek MX Park of Southern Maryland, Mechanicsville was the host to the fifth match of the 2012 AMA Pro MX championship. This article brings forward some statistical facts about all the 250cc lites class matches held at the Budds Creek MX Park. The first ever 250cclitesclass match held at the Budds Creek Motocross Park was on 8thOctober, 1989 and it was won by Honda’s Mike Kiedrowski. On 16th June, 2012, it was for the 23rd time that the gate at the Budds Creek MX Park was brought down for the 250cc lites class event.
The 2012 season of the prestigious Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship began this year from 19th May, 2012. The season opener of this outdoor dirt bike racing championship was played at Hangtown located in Sacramento, California. Ever since then, a total of 5 matches have been played in this season so far out of the 12 matches to be held. The most recent match was held on 16th June, 2012 at the Budds Creek MX park of South Maryland. After this fifth event, the championship took a break of two weeks and it will return back on 7th July, 2012 for the sixth round of this season which will be played at Redbud, Buchanan, Michigan. Meanwhile, below mentioned is a compilation of the statistical report regarding all the 250cc lites class matches held at the Budds Creek Motocross Park:-
250cc Lites Class Statistics:-
- The first ever 250cclites class match held at the Budds Creek Motocross Park was on 8thOctober, 1989. Honda’s then ace rider, Mike Kiedrowski was the winner of that race.
- On 16th June, 2012, it was for the23rd time that the gate at the Budds Creek MX Park wasbrought down for the 250cc lites class event.
- Steve Lamson (1994-1996), Suzuki’s James Stewart (2002-2004) and Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto (2006-2008) hold the unique record of winning three back to back races in 250cc lites class at the Budds Creek.
- Team Kawasaki has registered victory intenout of the last eleven 250cclitesclass races held at Budds Creek. The last six wins came in a row from the Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki racing team.
- Since the 2008 Motocross season, Budds Creek has witnessed four different riders claiming victory in the 250cclitesclass. In the 2012 season too, Budds Creek had its fifth consecutive new winner in the 250cclitesclass with Blake Baggett, the champion rider of Team Kawasaki from Grand Terrace, California emerging out as the winner.
- International racers have scored back to back victories over the years at the Budds Creek Motocross Park.
Debut Victors at Budds Creek:-
Tallon Vohland of team Honda in the year 1999
Dean Wilsonof team Kawasaki in the year 2010
Victories by Brand Teams at Budds Creek:-
Team Kawasaki – 12wins
Team Honda – 7wins
Team Yamaha – 2wins
Team Suzuki – 1wins
Last Triumph by Any Brand Team at Budds Creek:-
Team Kawasaki – Last Victory in 2011
Team Honda – Last Victory in 2005
Team Yamaha – Last Victory in 2000
Team Suzuki – Last Victory in 1991