The Washougal Motocross Park located in the city of Washougal, Washington hosted the eighth round of the 2012 Motocross Championship last weekend. In the 250cc lites class event, the GEICO Honda racing team was seen completely dominating the race track and the race podium as well. GEICO Honda’s Justin Barcia became the overall winner of the event with a moto score of 1-2 while his teammate, Eli Tomac came second with a 2-3 score in the motos. The current leader of the MX standings, Blake Baggett of team Kawasaki, acquired the final podium position with a 6-1 score in the moto matches.
The grand Washougal MX Park located in the Pacific North-West city of Washougal, Washington, was the proud host to the eighth round of the 2012 Lucas Oil AMA Pro MX Championship. The event was played last weekend and it organized all the three major racing categories viz. the 450cc class category, the 250cc lites class category and the 2012 Women’s MX Championship (WMX). While the 450cc class event was the prime highlight of the night, the 250cc lites class event was not less either. Both the moto matches of the 250cc lites class category yielded some of the most superb racing moments of this season so far creating much thrill and excitement too.
Justin Barcia of team GEICO Honda has been highly acclaimed in this MX season for his amazing and consistent performance so far in all the seven MX events played in this season and in the eighth match too, Barcia pulled off another spectacular performance which turned out to be a match winning one for him that night. Leading form the mid-pack in the first moto match, Barcia showed great skills and rode with superb speed to snatch away the victory form the mouth of his teammate Eli Tomac who finished at the second position. Blake Baggett of team Kawasaki, who is also the current leader of the MX standings, had an average performance in the first moto as he finished at the sixth position.
In the second moto, Baggett made an amazing comeback to the race track as he gave his everything to acquire the lead in the race. Though he was closely followed by Barcia at the second position, but Baggett held his nerves and it wasn’t much difficult for him to win the second moto. The top-10 finishes of the 250cc lites class category event at the Washougal National is enlisted below:-
250cc Lites Class Results At the Spring Creek National:-
- Justin Barcia – from Monroe, New York – Team GEICO Honda – Moto Score (1-2)
- Eli Tomac – from Cortez, Colorado – Team GEICO Honda – Moto Score (2-3)
- Blake Baggett – from Grand Terrace, California – Team Kawasaki – Moto Score (6-1)
- Marvin Musquin – from La Reole, France – Team Red Bull KTM – Moto Score (3-4)
- Ken Roczen – from Apolda, Germany – Team Red Bull KTM – Moto Score (4-7)
- Blake Wharton – from Pilot Point, Texas – Team Suzuki – Moto Score (7-6)
- Justin Bogle – from Cushing, Oklahoma – Team GEICO Honda – Moto Score (9-5)
- Wil Hahn – from Decatur, Texas – Team GEICO Honda – Moto Score (5-10)
- Ryan Sipes– from Vine Grove, Ky.– Team Yamaha – Moto Score (8-8)
- Jason Anderson – from Edgewood, New Mexico – Team RockstarEnergy Suzuki – Moto Score (10-9)