The 250cc lites class category match went down in an extravagant manner during the Redbud National last weekend. It was the sixth round of the 2012 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship and was hosted by the renowned Glen Helen Raceway situated at the heart of Buchanan, Michigan. The fans gathered in thousands during the 250cc lites class category match which saw some valiant performances from the top riders of the world in both the Moto matches.
Blake Baggett, the ace rider of team Monster Energy / Pro Circuit / Kawasaki, delivered an amazing performance during both the Moto matches at the Redbud National. Baggett had an impressive run throughout the event and entirely dominated both the Moto matches. A clean sweep from Baggett in both the matches made him the winner of that night. It was Baggett’s third victory of this season and his second consecutive win too.
Although Baggett faced a tough fight from Justin Barcia of Team GEICO Honda in both the Moto matches, he held onto his nerves and never lost his focus. He seemed determined and in great momentum. Tough Barcia had his chances over Baggett in both the matches he could not really gain on his opportunities. In both, Baggett kicked off his race from the mid-pack but acquired great speed in the upcoming laps to overtake one after another rider. He was skillful and made some quick moves to swiftly move past his competitors. Baggett walked away with the victory in both the matches while Barcia came second in both. Eli Tomac of team GEICO Honda acquired the final podium position with a 5-3 finish in the matches. The list of the top 10 Moto finishes in the 250cc lites class category event at the Redbud National is given below:-
250cc Lites Class Results at the Redbud National:-
- Blake Baggett – from Grand Terrace, California – Team Kawasaki – Moto Score (1-1)
- Justin Barcia – from Monroe, New York – Team GEICO Honda – Moto Score (2-2)
- Eli Tomac – from Cortez, Colorado – Team GEICO Honda – Moto Score (5-3)
- Marvin Musquin – from La Reole, France – Team Red Bull KTM – Moto Score (4-4)
- Ken Roczen – from Apolda, Germany – Team Red Bull KTM – Moto Score (3-6)
- Wil Hahn – from Decatur, Texas – Team GEICO Honda – Moto Score (6-5)
- Gareth Swanepoel – from Johannesburg, South Africa – Team Star Racing Yamaha – Moto Score (9-7)
- Blake Wharton – from Pilot Point, Texas – Team Suzuki – Moto Score (7-12)
- Jessy Nelson – from Paso Robles, California – Team TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda – Moto Score (12-9)
- Travis Baker – from Temecula, California – Team TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda – Moto Score (11-10)