The seventh round of the 2012 MX Championship was played last weekend at the famous Spring Creek MX Park of Millville, Minnesota. In the 450cc class event, Ryan Dungey of team Red Bull KTM scored his fifth straight victory by winning both the motos. He was completely dominating throughout the event and acquired the top podium position once again. This article enlists the top-10 riders in the 450cc class event held at the Spring Creek National.
The famed Spring Creek Motocross Park located in the city of Millville, Minnesota was the prime center of attraction last Saturday night as it played the host to the seventh round of the 2012 Lucas Oil AMA Pro MX Championship. The event which is also termed as the Spring Creek National was an extravagant affair of last weekend and yielded some of the most amazing racing moments of this summer. The 450cc class event was one of the highlights of the Spring Creek National as it witnessed Ryan Dungey of team Red Bull KTM score his fifth consecutive victory in the 450cc class of this season of the MX championship.
Both the moto matches of the 450cc class category were absolute thrillers as Ryan Dungey of team Red Bull KTM had a complete dominating run throughout the moto matches. His momentum on the race track was very impressive like that of the previous matches and the racing skills he demonstrated on the Spring Creek raceway was impeccable. Though on some occasions Mike Alessi of team Moto Concepts Suzuki came very close to Dungey to go pass him, but Alessi could not really pose any great threat to Dungey. By the end of every lap in both the moto matches, Dungey kept on increasing the gap between him and his competitors.
Dungey won both the moto matches and emerged out as the winner in a very convincing manner. A killer score of 1-1 in the moto matches crowned him the winner of the 450cc class event at the Spring Creek National. It was for the fifth time in this season that Dungey was standing at the top of the race podium. Below mentioned is the list of the riders who finished in the top-10 of the 450cc class event at the Spring Creek National:-
450cc Class Results At the 2012 Spring Creek National:-
- Ryan Dungey – from Belle Plaine, Minnesota – Team Red Bull KTM – Moto Score (1-1)
- Mike Alessi – from Victorville, California – Team Moto Concepts Suzuki – Moto Score (3-2)
- Jake Weimer – from Rupert, Idaho – Team Monster Energy Kawasaki – Moto Score (2-3)
- Justin Brayton – from Fort Dodge, Iowa – Team Honda Muscle Milk – Moto Score (4-4)
- Andrew Short – from Smithville, Texas – Team Honda – Moto Score (5-6)
- Broc Tickle – from Holly, Michigan – Team Kawasaki – Moto Score (12-5)
- Les Smith– from York, South Carolina – Team Langston/Witt Racing KTM – Moto Score (11-9)
- Cole Thompson – from Brigden, Ontario, Canada – Team Honda – Moto Score (15-7)
- Tyla Rattray – from Durban, South Africa – Team Kawasaki – Moto Score (6-28)
- Christian Craig– from El Cajon, California – Team Troy Lee Designs/Lucas Oil/Honda – Moto Score (14-14)