The eighth round of the 2012 Motocross Championship was played last Saturday night at the famous Washougal MX Park of Washougal, Washington. In the 450cc class event, Ryan Dungey of team Red Bull KTM registered his sixth straight victory by an overall win in the motos. He had a 2-1 score in the motos and was adjudged the winner by virtue of his outstanding performance in the second moto match. This article enlists the top-10 moto finishes of the 450cc class event of the Washougal National.
The eighth round of the 2012 Lucas Oil AMA Pro MX Championship i.e. the 2012 Washougal National was held successfully last weekend at the famous Washougal Motocross Park located in the city of Washougal, Washington. The Washougal National was a very eventful night which saw all the three MX events viz. the 450cc class event, the 250cc lites class event and the 2012 Women’s MX Championship getting underway in a handsome manner.
The 450cc class category event at the 2012 Washougal National was one of the most exciting and thrilling MX event of this summer’s extreme outdoor dirt biker racing championship. First of all, we got to witness that rare moment in which Ryan Dungey of team Red Bull KTM could get on to the top podium position as he came second in the first moto match. This moment was rare because since the last few MX rounds, Dungey hasn’t lost any moto match but at Washougal, Mike Alessi of team MotoConcepts Suzuki compelled to take the runners-up position in the moto-I match. Secondly, we witnessed a thrilling comeback by Dungey in the second moto match wherein he lead all the 15 laps to win the race and pushed Alessi back to the second position. And third but not the least, we then had a tie between Dungey and Alessi with a 2-1 and a 1-2 score in the motos respectively wherein Dungey emerged out as the overall winner by virtue of his outstanding performance in the second moto match.
Thus, Dungey kept his winning streak going with his sixth straight victory of this season at the Washougal National. The top-10 finishes of the 450cc class event at the Washougal National is listed below:-
450cc Class Results At the 2012 Washougal National:-
- Ryan Dungey – from Belle Plaine, Minnesota – Team Red Bull KTM – Moto Score (2-1)
- Mike Alessi – from Victorville, California – Team MotoConcepts Suzuki – Moto Score (1-2)
- Andrew Short – from Smithville, Texas – Team Honda – Moto Score (4-3)
- Jake Weimer – from Rupert, Idaho – Team Monster Energy Kawasaki – Moto Score (3-5)
- Broc Tickle – from Holly, Michigan – Team Kawasaki – Moto Score (6-4)
- Tommy Hahn – from Great Bend, Kansas – Team Muscle Milk Honda – Moto Score (7-7)
- Kyle Chisholm – from Valrico, Florida – Team Kawasaki – Moto Score (8-10)
- Christian Craig – from El Cajon, California – Team Troy Lee Designs/Lucas Oil/Honda – Moto Score (10-9)
- Weston Peick – from Wildomar, California – Team Suzuki – Moto Score (9-11)
- Josh Grant – from Riverside, California – Team Kawasaki – Moto Score (17-6)